Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Glendale week 11 *October 28, 2013


Hello!
 
This week has been very interesting to say the least. For whatever reason the work here seems to be slowing down as far as "numbers" go but the spirit has never been stronger. It's really strange. I have been working harder then ever to be obedient and so has my companion but the lessons have just kinda stopped. We have been contacting so many people on the streets and trying to plant as many seed as we can. We have had some great experiences and I have seen the Lords hand in the work that is being performed here. Like it says time and time again in the scriptures, God has His own timetable and things will happen when He sees fit. That concept has had more meaning to me lately because I am finding it to really be true. We will not have very much success one day so we will stop and say a prayer to know where to go and who to talk to then one of us will have a name pop into our head of a person that needs us. As we ride over to that persons home we will stop to talk to a random stranger on the road and will have an awesome conversation all about them and helping them come closer to Jesus Christ through His gospel. We will then continue riding to the original person we thought of and they wont even be there. I know that that persons name came to us because the Lord knew which route we would take to get there and who would be in our path. It is a great moment when you stop, think and then realize just what you were a part of.
 
As of lately I have trying to study the Book of Mormon from the beginning because I really want to gain a better understanding of the stories and examples of those that have come before us. Each time I go to read I always pray to have the Holy Ghost to be with me so that I may understand the words which I will read and be able to relate them to not only myself but also the people I come in contact with everyday. The spirit bares witness to me everytime exactly what I need to read or hear. Its really neat to be able to read a passage that I have read 10 times before and to catch a simple word that changes the entire meaning of the verse. It has been a really big growing experience. I have come to love the scriptures so much more and I can now understand why they are the pure vessel of the spirit. All I have to do now is figure out how to get people to read and ponder them for themselves. That will be the best!
 
This week coming up is the last week of my training! I cannot belive that it has already gone by this fast. I am so excited to take the next step on my mission but at the same time I don't want to leave these people that I have come to love. Its a cruddy situation but I know that its meant to be if I do get moved. I know that there are people all over this great state that need my voice. I just have to have the faith to go out and find them. I will find out what happens this coming weekend. If I am training a new missionary I will find out on Saturday, if I am going to be a leader of any sort I will find out next Monday, and if I am being transfered then I will find out next Tuesday. But I am not too worried because I just want to go on as many adventures as possible and every area, companion, and assignment is an adventure.
 
I love you all a ton and keep you in my prayers constantly. Keep moving the work of the Lord forward and trusting in Gods plan for you.
 
Until next week,
 
Elder Cole Safford

Walking the streets during the day
Working the streets at night

No comments:

Post a Comment