Friday, November 8, 2013

Glendale week 12 *November 4, 2013


Hello everyone!
Well this week was a great one! There was a ton of new things that are being implemented into the mission. The biggest one has to be the iPad. Yes that is correct. Apple iPads. I never thought it would ever happen on my mission but they have come and they are wonderfully frustrating. It is so difficult to go from just being able to pull out a planner real quick and jot stuff down to now have to go through all sorts of apps and passwords just to put a simple note in. I know that they will turn out to be a blessing in the future, but for a little while they will be frustrating. There is an app that is a digital version of our daily planners which holds all the information all about the area, lessons we teach, people we talk to, members and investigators. Its going to be really great to have all of that information right at my figure tips, but in order to have that we need to input it all in. That has to be the most time consuming part of the whole process. I know that if we are diligent at entering it we can have it done in a relatively short amount of time.
Halloween came and went. Nothing great there. As a missionary they want you to be inside your apartment by 6:00 so that people dont confuse you as a kid dressed up like a missionary haha. It totally made sense so we went and had a sleep over at the zone leaders apartment. It was really nice to have a break from the work and get to just hangout as friends and as guys. We were still very obedient but we got to play some board games and talk about life. It was the most relaxing halloween I have ever had haha
This week is transfer week and we literally just got the news as to who is being transfered. My trainer Elder Pettingill is being transfered away which means that I am going to get a new companion.... Thats going to be a whole new adventure. Let me tell you. I have no idea who it is going to be and frankly I am not all worried because whatever happens is part of the Lords plan for me and I am just going to make the most of it. I know the Lord knows me and my needs. He knows what I still need to learn and just who can help me do that. I really love the area I am in and the people that live within it. It is going to be really great to get to stay with them and help them come closer to Christ anyway I can.
The weather is getting way better and it is no wonder why people live in Arizona at all. It is for this season and the weather it brings. The mornings are brisk and cool and very refreshing. It is perfect for morning excersise!
There have not been too many crazy experiences this week due to all the meetings that we have had but I am sure I will have a ton to talk about next week. Until then,
Elder Cole Safford
My buddy Charlie

The new iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment