Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Peoria Week 73 *January 5, 2015

Hello everyone!

This week was transfers and Elder Allen and I got the new that we are going to stay together! I am sure that I already told you that but just so you know that what my destiny has in store for me the next six weeks of my life. It really is interesting how a mission works when it comes to who will be your companion and where you will be serving. My current mission president is a very forward thinker and plans things out like transfers in advance. So the companion you are with is not some random appointed person but it is in preparation for you to get he companion you need on the coming transfers. All missionaries have brought out the good in me. Some choose to act in a poor ways and use their agency to not make the best decisions but they are not bad people. Like me, they are at the point in their lives where they are growing and striving to become the individuals that God needs us to be. I am lucky to be with Elder Allen. He is a great missionary and a good friend. 

This week was rough because of the holidays. We had preparation day on Tuesday, transfers on Wednesday which take up the whole afternoon, then New Year's Eve we had to be inside by 6, and then we had to be in all of New Year's Day. So that's three out of the seven days completely gone and void of contacting people. So that's what happened. We played some basketball and had a little house party with church music and appropriate dancing. It was nice haha. 

We are working really hard at combining our efforts with the wards we cover to help them out in the best way that we can. Our ward mission leader in the Sun Valley ward is on top of the ball. He really is an amazing member missionary and wants to get the work going in the right direction! We are so excited for what the future holds! The members are starting to warm up to us and are letting us come into their homes to teach lessons and some are letting us teach their friends. That part is not at the level we want but we need to learn to walk before we can run I guess. 

Well I love you all and hope you have an amazing day.

Until next week,
Elder Cole Safford 

No comments:

Post a Comment