Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Peoria Week 82 * March 16, 2015

Hey there everyone!

This week was a little consumed with meetings and all that good stuff. As much as I enjoy learning new things there is nothing much better then going out and doing the good ol fashion missionary work. We had a two day stake conference for the YSA ward that we cover. They talked a lot about marriage of course but also about our unique ability to teach the gospel to our friends through inviting them to simply "come and see" what we do at our activities and at church. It was nice because I got to see my old companion elder Allen right before he went home and I also got to see brother Fullmer! He is the man. I love him so much.

We had stake coordination meetings for two different stakes and they both went so well. One thing I have the ability to learn while serving here stateside is how the church really works as far as callings and members and leaders. It is something I will use for my whole life and something I can definitely improve on. One thing that comes with that is the gift to be able to communicate what is on my mind in the way that people need to hear it. Effective communication is the easiest way I have found to get the stuff done that needs to be in the way I and the lord want it to be.

We went on exchanges with some elders in our zone named elder Luke and elder Davis. I went with elder Davis and got to ride "the banana". Haha it's an older road bike that is bright yellow. It's pretty dang ridiculous. Elder Davis is a newer missionary and is way excited about the work. It made me excited just being around him haha.

Well that's all folks. I love you and will talk to you later.
Until next week,

Elder Cole Safford
Elder Johnston in our study room

No comments:

Post a Comment